Leadership is a key strand of the School Vision and Aims. The skills learnt through leadership development improve current academic ability and allow those taking part to foster life skills for the future. It allows students to develop a wide range of personal and inter-personal skills such as: organisation, self-belief, self-confidence, independence, responsibility, awareness, employability, understanding, problem solving, communication, team work, social understanding, time management and a spirit of discovery and adventure.
Therfield is committed to providing as many opportunities for our students to develop these skills throughout their time at school. Fundamentally this starts in lessons, is supported through our House system and is further enhanced through our wide and exciting extra-curricular programme.
Opportunities where students can enhance their leadership skills include:
- Head Students
- School Council
- 6th form Student Leadership Team
- Tutor Group Sport and Community representatives
- Year 11 Prefect System
- Colours awarded for excellence in Performing Arts, Sport and Community
- Inter House activities and competitions
- Duke of Edinburgh: Bronze, Silver and Gold
- World Challenge Expeditions
- Numerous clubs, trips and activities throughout the year, culminating in our Activity Days in July