Leadership is a key strand of the School Vision and Aims. The skills learnt through leadership development improve current academic ability and allow those taking part to foster life skills for the future. It allows students to develop a wide range of personal and inter-personal skills such as: organisation, self-belief, self-confidence, independence, responsibility, awareness, employability, understanding, problem solving, communication, team work, social understanding, time management and a spirit of discovery and adventure.
Therfield is committed to provide as many opportunities for our students to develop these skills throughout their time at school. Fundamentally this starts in lessons, is supported through our House system and is further enhanced through our wide and exciting extra-curricular programme.
Opportunities where students can enhance their leadership skills include:
- Tutor representatives, House Prefects and Peer Mentors
- Duke of Edinburgh: Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Literacy, Maths and Foreign Language Leadership Awards
- World Challenge Expeditions
- Surrey School Games (competitions in Sport, Creative Writing, Motor Sport, Art, Chess…)
- North Surrey Schools Sports Association – matches, leagues and tournaments
- Numerous clubs, trips and activities throughout the year, culminating in our Activity Days in July