Holidays during term time will not be authorised unless under exceptional circumstances, and we strongly recommend that you do not book time away during term time. The Attendance Policy and Request forms for leave of absence in exceptional circumstances can be accessed via the links below.
Application for Leave of Absence
Please find below a link to the application for leave of absence.
Student Attendance Policy
Please find below a link to the Student Attendance Policy.
The Department for Education guidance for attendance says:
Central to raising standards in education and ensuring all pupils can fulfil their potential is an assumption so widely understood that it is insufficiently stated – pupils need to attend school regularly to benefit from their education. Missing out on lessons leaves children vulnerable to falling behind. Children with poor attendance tend to achieve less in both primary and secondary school.
The government expects:
- Schools and local authorities to:
- Promote good attendance and reduce absence, including persistent absence;
- Ensure every pupil has access to full-time education to which they are entitled;
- Act early to address patterns of absence
- Parents to perform their legal duty by ensuring their children of compulsory school age who are registered at school attend regularly
- All pupils to be punctual to their lessons
The staff at Therfield are committed, in partnership with the parents/carers, students, governors and the Local Authority, to building a school which serves the community and of which the community is proud. We also remain committed to our overarching aim – ‘The Best for All’. To this end, all pupils are expected to attend school 100% of the time unless the absence is authorised by the Headteacher.